The Adaptive World Simulator that integrates across platforms and networks.
Aw-Sim is an awesome framework that enable you to build a 3D simulator that will adapt to your users to enable simultaneous and remote interaction with the same 3D world regardless of the device that they use.
For example in a training simulations, game, presentation or virtual meetings some users may join a network session with their tablets and others with their smart phones, VR headsets or desktop computers from potential remote locations. All these users will be able to interact with each other and the same simulated 3D world in real-time using the same project. This allows you to focus on developing quality applications and let the framework take care of the integrations between all the different systems that are required to make this possible.
- Adaptive: Cross-platform architecture that adapt according to the device capabilities that are available.
- Integrated: Integrates with variety of technologies out-of-the-box.
- Modular: Only include the relevant Services as Unity Packages or create your own.
- Connected: Synchronize 3D simulations in real-time across multiple networks.
- Windows Desktop
- Windows VR
- Linux Desktop
- Oculus Quest
- More to be added soon...
- Compulsory Packages
- Test Framework
- Universal Render Pipeline
- Optional Packages
- Shader Graph
- XR Interaction Toolkit
- XR Plugin Management
- Unity UI
- Mouse controller
- Keyboard controller
- Touch screen controller
- Gyro controller
- Unity controller (joysticks, gamepads, anything that the standard Unity Input system supports)
- Addressable controller (loads any other controller from an addressable)
- Resource controller (loads one or more controllers from resources)
- Text translations
- Sprite translations
- A repository of general royalty free re-usable prefabs.
- Prefabs will be optimized and ready to be used "out-of-the-box" for Unity scenes.
- Internet discoveries (standalone Discovery Server)
- LAN discoveries (UDP broadcasts)
- Follow the host (Players load the same Scene if the host changes the Scene)
- Lag compensation
- Late joining (Allow players to join after a Scenario was started)
- Unified interface to query actual hardware capabilities
- Fake hardware on any device (for testing purpose)
- Load screen
- Scenario stacking (allow back button like "activities")
- Automatic switching, resizing and positioning of Canvas in world/screen space based on the hardware.
- Avatar canvases, e.g. HUD, watch, etc.
- Runtime theme switching
- Complement Unity UI (run both simultaneous and also theme/layout Unity UI elements)
- Customizable screens templates
- App Menu
- Enable Virtual Reality integration.
- Master/Slave Sessions
- Human Players
- Avatar presentation following tracking of all types of input (desktop, mobile, VR, etc.)
- Motion (walk/sprint, jump, crouching)
- Character physics (push, fall, slide)
- Prioritized session start positions
- Dependency injection and management
- Collections (data structures like object pools, slots, etc.)
- Helper classes (e.g. value conversion, calculators, etc.)
- State machines
- Unit Testing (Edit Mode and Play Mode)
Planned features not yet available
- Realistic: Supports Shader Graph to create the optimal shaders for your solution and Supports both Universal Render Pipeline and High Definition Render Pipeline within the same project to get photo realistic graphics on the platforms that supports it while falling back to URP assets for compatibility.
- Documented: Manual contains many examples and tutorials.
- Open Source: Access, debug and modify the source code.
Platform Not Yet Supported
- Mac Desktop
- Windows Server (headless mode)
- Linux Server (headless mode)
- Xbox One
The following Services are either incomplete, planned or considered:
- Aw-Sim Adds
- Advertising using own server/advertisements.
- Aw-Sim Analytics
- Analyze where players get stuck, why they quit, what hardware they use, error reports, etc.
- Aw-Sim AR
- Augmented Reality
- Aw-Sim Audio
- Playlist management
- Sound effects triggers
- Avatar sound effects (e.g. foot steps, breathing, etc.)
- Environment sound effects (e.g. wind, water, echo's, etc.)
- Aw-Sim Cars
- Car physics
- Skid marks
- Interactive with car dashboard
- Live car tuning (change top speed, weight, wheels etc. at runtime while driving the car)
- Car damage
- Enter/Exit animation
- Aw-Sim Community
- User account management, friends, likes, avatar management, social sharing & interaction, moderation, leader boards/ranking, tournaments, etc.
- Gravatar integration.
- Aw-Sim Credits
- A Unity editor tool that could back-trace GameObjects to their source assets and find the original authors and which credits are due.
- Aw-Sim Experience
- Force-feedback on physical controllers
- Object grab, drop and throw interaction
- Inventory system
- In-game speech/chat via microphone
- Avatar finger animations
- Simulated facial expressions
- Aw-Sim Enjin
- Enjin integration
- Aw-Sim Inventory
- Keep track of what player is equipped with what, build-in UI, SFX, support custom icons and rules.
- Aw-Sim Network
- Implement WebRTC
- Re-joining (Allow disconnect players to re-join and resume their game process where they left)
- Seamlessly convert lost players to AI players until they rejoin again
- Kicking/banning players
- Spectator mode
- Automatic kicking of lagging players
- Join rules (limit devices, password protect, limit lag, limit age/gender/language/country)
- Headless server mode
- Voting on game rules
- Audio transferring (VOIP)
- Text-based chat client
- Peer-to-Peer connections (via Internet)
- Migrate to new host while game is in progress
- Implement Unity Physics (cache-less physics) to enable Guest-side physics rendering and allow the host to rollback the physics when necessary to check for cheating, sync issues, etc; This will also enable more responsive smoother and more accurate physics/animations on the guests.
- Aw-Sim Platform
- Automatic detail reduction for slow computers
- Aw-Sim Scenarios
- Addressable Scenes
- Aw-Sim Scripts
- Runtime script interpreter for user scripts, plugins, console evaluation, debugging, etc.
- Aw-Sim Storage
- Load/Save game settings at runtime (like button mappings, detail levels, sound settings, etc.)
- Aw-Sim Stores
- Integrate various online stores using one UI interface.
- Aw-Sim UUI
- Customizable screens templates
- Command menus
- Input control mappings
- Chat Terminal
- Settings screen
- Customizable screens templates
- Aw-Sim Weather
- Weather simulation (rain, thunder, sun, snow, day, night, fog, re-usable assets to simulate these conditions and effects)
- Aw-Sim World
- Artificial intelligence controlled players
- Runtime scene save and loading
- Death detection and respawn rules
- Surfaces (different surfaces sound, slide, bounce differently)
- Water simulation (drift, drown, enable swimming, boats)
- Wind simulation
- Damage (detect and enable/disable objects based on the "damage" value) * Replays
- Human Player
- Collision events
- Motion (haning, climbing)
- Teleportation zones
- Death zones
- Water zones (under water simulation)
- Wind zones (auto apply force to simulate a strong wind)
The following servers is planned and does not yet exist:
- Aw-Sim Addressable Server
- A server that serve addressables so that released apps can update their assets.
- Aw-Sim Dedicated Server
- Host a dedicated Network Session on behalf of another Host.
- Aw-Sim Relay Server
- Relay network traffice to another Host.